- CARE TIPS
Better tasting drinks
Our filters for the instant hot water tap are supplied by Watercare and are some of the most eco-friendly in the world. They are made in the UK and 100% recyclable, providing a genuine sustainable and cost-effective alternative to others in the industry. We have undertaken thousands of hours of research to choose the best most efficient filters for the tap, so whether you live in a soft water area or hard water area we have the right filter for you.
This filter is solely for the use within the standard Carbon Filter filtration system and not the Enhanced Ion Exchange filtration system.
We recommend that you change your filter every 6 months to ensure water purity, taste and product performance. Failure to change the tap filter or using a different filter than the Methven Watercare filter may invalidate your warranty. The Methven filter can filter over 10,000 litres of water in 6 months, making it one of the most energy and cost-efficient filters in the industry.
When you order a new replacement cartridge, we will send you a freepost label that you can re-attach on the same packaging and send it back to be sustainably recycled. We are the only company in the UK offering this service for instant hot water taps.
NAME: Replacement Carbon Filter
PRODUCT CODE: FILTERMBWT
Changing your filter instructions
How to recycle your old filter cartridge
- Regular cleaning of your tap is recommended to avoid stubborn build-ups of dirt and limescale. For regular cleaning, use a soft cloth and mild soap or detergent.
- Never spray cleaning agents directly onto your product as the spray can get inside and cause damage where the concentrated cleaner cannot be rinsed out. Always spray the cloth then wipe the product or use a cloth that is damp with a water & detergent solution.
- Never use metal or abrasive scouring pads as these will scratch and damage the finish on your product. Never use cleaners that contain a scouring additive such as creme cleaners that contain silica.
- Do not use aggressive or highly acidic cleaners, these include products containing, sodium hypochlorite (chlorine bleach), formic acid, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen peroxide or ammonia. Never mix cleaning agents. The use of harsh or abrasive cleaners will void the product warranty.
- After cleaning make sure you remove any residue left by the cleaning agent by residing thoroughly with clean water and wipe dry using a dry soft cloth. Do not leave cleaning products in contact with the tap any longer than necessary.
- To ensure the hot water tank system works as it should, the filter should be replaced every 6 months. Failure to change the filter will invalidate your warranty.